The adoption process in the state of Texas can be very complex, with so many different aspects to take into account. Regardless, adopting is a beautiful way of forming a family. Those who choose to adopt are doing more than just adding to their family. They’re also providing a safe home for a child to grow and thrive in. So if you’re interested in going through with the process, The Fetty Firm in Colleyville, TX, can be of great service. With our law firm by your side, you’ll have an attorney ready to protect your rights while guiding you towards a successful solution. Rashelle Fetty, the firm’s sole attorney and owner, has vast experience in adoption and parental rights. She’s helped countless clients have a smooth path through the adoption process. Above all, we’ll use our experience to help clients in aspects of divorce, such as:
- Stepparent adoption
- Private adoption
- International adoption
- Termination of parental rights
- Unplanned pregnancies
- Both infant and older child adoptions
- Special needs adoptions
General Overview of Adoption in Texas
One thing you’ll want to keep in mind when adopting is a great deal of paperwork required during the process. Additionally, there are stringent rules and procedures. As such, missteps along the way could result in an ongoing adoption being declared invalid. If you want to avoid a heartbreaking end to your adoption process, then you should definitely contact The Fetty Firm. We’ll work diligently to minimize the possibilities of any mistakes along the way. When dealing with adoption and parental rights, it’s important to pay close attention to details.
In the state of Texas, prospective adoptive parents have to be at least 21 years of age. Other requirements include financial stability and a stable living environment. Furthermore, adoptive households are subject to a home study. The home study includes a home inspection, background check, financial screening, and an evaluation of parenting skills along with other aspects of life.
Here are some of the adoptive scenarios we can help you with:
- Spouse with children from a previous relationship. We can help you as you aim to establish parental rights.
- We can help grandparents currently seeking to adopt their grandchildren
- Couples wishing to adopt a child from a domestic or international adoption agency
- Scenarios where a relative with children is having their parental rights terminated. We can help you if you have reason to have their parental rights terminated. We can help find a comfortable and stable home for the child
- Young couples going through an unplanned pregnancy. Reach out to us is you wish to have your child in a stable environment.
Rashelle Fetty and The Fetty Firm handle domestic, international, and private adoptions. With an experienced family law attorney by your side, you’ll have quality assistance as you go forward with the adoption process. Contact us at your earliest convenience to learn more about our services. You can reach out to The Fetty Firm by calling (214) 546-5746.