Adoption is a beautiful way for new families to form. It ensures that a child will be to grow and thrive in a loving, safe home. Adoption, however, is also a very complex process. Usually, it is best that you retain the services of an adoption attorney to help protect your rights and guide you to a successful resolution.
Rashelle Fetty is a Colleyville family law attorney who has experience in helping clients through the adoption process. Rashelle has extensive knowledge of Texas adoption laws, and is someone you can trust through:
- Stepparent adoption
- Private adoption
- International adoption
- Termination of parental rights
- Unplanned pregnancies
- Infant or older child adoptions
- Special needs adoptions
Adoptions require a great deal of paperwork and have stringent rules and procedures. Any missteps along the way may result in your adoption being declared invalid. This is a painful, heartbreaking conclusion that The Fetty Firm works diligently to avoid.
The Fetty Firm pays very close attention to detail. Moreover, the firm goes the extra mile to help ensure you can avoid roadblocks.
Requirements and Guidelines for Adoption in Texas
Prospective adoptive parents must be at least 21 years of age, are financially stable, and have a stable living environment. Adoptive households are subject to a home study, which includes a home inspection, background check on the couple and all adults in the home, financial screening, and an evaluation of parenting skills and other aspects of life.
The Fetty Law firm can assist in the following scenarios:
- You have a spouse with children from a previous relationship and you are looking to establish legal parental rights.
- You are a grandparent or grandparents seeking to adopt your grandchildren.
- You are a couple seeking to adopt a child from a domestic or international adoption agency.
- You have a relative with children that is either going to have their parental rights terminated, have already had their parental rights terminated, or you are seeking to have their parental rights terminated. You want to provide the children a comfortable, stable living environment.
- You are a young couple that experienced an unplanned pregnancy. You currently do not have the teams to provide adequate support for the child, so you wish to have your child placed in a stable environment.
The Fetty Firm handles domestic, international, and private adoptions. If you are about to go forward in the adoption process, you need a local attorney with extensive experience and knowledge in adoption law. Contact Rashelle Fetty and the Fetty Firm today.